Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with like-minded, top talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and innovative future is now.
PSE's Corporate Communications team is looking for qualified candidates to fill an open Outreach Manager position!
The Outreach Manager is responsible for designing and implementing a comprehensive community outreach program to achieve maximum community involvement and adoption of energy efficiency/renewable energy programs. Collaborates with public affairs and corporate communications functions to raise the visibility of energy efficiency/renewable energy programs within PSE communities. Partners with community groups to create and execute programs that meet community and PSE energy efficiency and renewable energy goals. Coordinates with energy efficiency/renewable energy or other program managers to insure maximum contribution to program targets are achieved through community channel.
Please note that PSE has three outreach manager openings: two based in Bellevue and one in Olympia.
- Manages PSE’s community marketing in conjunction with energy efficiency/renewable energy program managers, community relations managers, and Corporate Communications.
- Supports Corporate Affairs in engaging community officials and groups to determine efficiency and renewable needs and then packages PSE response.
- Is a primary participant and contributor in establishing and executing an integrated marketing plan.
- Achieves Energy Efficiency Services (EES) program targets through community marketing.
- Orchestrates vetting of opportunities with appropriate EES program managers and provides ongoing oversight/team communication of activities during deployment.
- Makes recommendations regarding cross-sector community event / sponsorship underwriting in partnership with program managers.
- Fields incoming reactionary “green” community opportunities from community relations team and facilitates internal go/no-go decisions.
- Conducts debriefs on effectiveness of opportunities/community relationship and offers recommendations.
- Manages and circulates centralized tracking of division-wide external community engagements that sponsor “green” agendas.
- Assures that agreements between community and PSE on joint promotion identity and roles / expectations are properly upheld.
- Works with community relations manager and community officials to develop joint understanding of roles and project scope during execution.
- Works through Corporate Communications to engage in proactive earned media activities to promote PSE Energy Efficiency programs.
- Coordinates market research that informs community strategy development, market understanding, and technical expertise.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or commensurate experience.
- 5 years experience in external relationship marketing and business development, preferably to the not-for-profit and public sector.
- Experienced in respresenting various sensitive corporate positions.
- Skilled at finding promotional opportunities to leverage multi-layered corporate objective.
- Skilled in researching and deciphering community needs and uncovering hidden opportunties.
- Strategic critical thinker who can motivate cross-functional teams to obtain objectives.
- Strong project manager who engages “hands-on” activities as necessary.
- Skilled in uncovering hidden “story” potential for working through corporate communications group to launch earned media effort.
- Ability to work successfully with external stakeholders and communities representing diverse interests.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Experience in sustainable marketing/social marketing.
- Understanding of utility business model.
- Knowledge of energy efficiency, renewable energy, electrified transportation, corporate responsibility and sustainability.
- Strong ability to work independently, but also contribute to the overall team goals, while embracing a shared vision.
- Ability to work successfully in networking with external stakeholders and communities representing diverse interests in the formulation of collaborative and viable partnerships.
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external constituents, utilize creative thinking and problem identification and resolution skills.
- Strong project management skills and willingness to engage in “hands-on” activities as necessary.
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1873. Today we're building the Northwest's energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential functions of the job. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at email@example.com or 425-462-3017.