Membership & Programs Manager
The following job description is not meant and should not be assumed to include all necessary and applicable job duties and is subject to change. It should be used as a reference and referral point when managing and evaluating job performance.
About the Chamber: The Seattle Southside Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit membership-driven business organization comprised of regional business enterprises, civic organizations, education institutions, and nonprofit organizations. Founded in 1988, the Chamber serves the communities of Burien, Des Moines, Normandy Park, SeaTac, and Tukwila. 1988. The mission of the Chamber is to be a leader in Southwest King County and a regional voice and resource for building business success. The Chamber focuses on business advancement in the region by helping to build and maintain a strong economic environment
Membership Management: The Membership & Programs Manager actively supports the organization’s overall membership and revenue growth objectives and reports directly to the President/CEO. This vital team member will be primarily responsible for advancing membership activities and resources in the following ways:
- Engage in relationship-building and networking activities to increase prospective business members
- Generate sales leads by researching and contacting local businesses of all sizes and industries
- Schedule and attend introductory visits and sales appointments with prospects
- Understand and leverage the organization’s member benefits to offer solutions to prospects’ business challenges
- Utilize CRM system to keep detailed and accurate records of prospects and members, as well as generate monthly reports and analyses to provide to the Board of Directors
- Represent the Chamber at corporate and community events to increase awareness of the organization
- Process new member applications, collect new member investments, and maintain membership files (ie. Member Update forms, Dropped forms, etc.)
- Maintain member records in CRM system and communicate updates to Chamber Staff, as directed
- Communicate with new and existing members about taking advantage of all their member benefits (such as completing/updating their website listing)
- Coordinate with Chamber Staff to send communications about chamber updates, upcoming events, and current initiatives
- Stay informed on the needs of members by maintaining individual communication and subscribing to (and reading) member newsletters
- Observe and respond to the evolving needs of the community to provide relevant and engaging programming and initiatives
- Maintain frequent and relevant communication with member base to ensure engagement and increase the rate of renewals
- Develop and implement an annual membership plan, including quarterly goals and short term strategies for retaining and engaging existing members and recruiting new members.
- Lead volunteer Ambassador program, including facilitating monthly meetings to equip and engage Ambassadors as much as possible in membership plans and events
- Respond to inquiries regarding membership and chamber offerings (such as sending out relocation packets)
- Perform other membership duties, as needed
Programs Management: The Chamber produces several monthly events as well as 4 summits and a few special events each year. All events are currently being held virtually and will transition to hybrid and, eventually, in-person gatherings. This Membership & Programs Manager ensures the success of these events through the following tasks:
- Manage internal event calendars and public calendar listings through the organization’s CRM system and virtual software
- Arrange event logistics in coordination with Chamber Staff – including event venue, speakers, food & beverage, and A/V, as needed
- Maintain communication with event venues/hosts, speakers, and sponsors to communicate relevant details and updates
- Coordinate with Chamber Staff to develop event marketing material, printed materials, and presentation visuals, as needed
- Prepare and schedule event communication and social media promotions to boost attendance, in coordination with President/CEO and other staff
- Facilitate pre-event preparation such as creating nametags, printing materials, etc.
- Assist with on-site setup for all events, both virtual (tech check) and in person (sign-in tables, setting out programs, etc.)
- Assists in managing and executing event sponsorship benefits in coordination with President/CEO
Note: This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit management from assigning other work as desired.