Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport
17338 International Blvd.
Seattle, WA 98188
LINE COOK ***$600 Sign-On Bonus
The Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport hotel is seeking a Line Cook to join our team. The Line Cook provides excellent food service to hotel guests by preparing quality meals and maintaining a professional, friendly and helpful demeanor at all times.
At Hollander Hospitality, we align our people with their passion, providing award-winning service and memorable experiences. From the ground up, we build & renovate, own & operate, while recognizing that our team is our foundation and greatest asset. We are exceptional partners to one another, our guests, and our communities.
We look for people who excel in their role and are committed to delivering excellent experiences for guests. Proven through multiple awards from our partnering brands for outstanding guest service and meetings excellence, we deliver the best to our guests by creating a sense of belonging, empowerment and support to our team members, coupled with their dedication, innovative spirit, and raw talent.
TITLE: Line Cook
SUPERVISOR: Executive Chef / Sous Chef
PAY RATE: $16.68 plus banquet gratuity (see employer for details) + $600 sign-on bonus
Responsible for cooking and preparing food according to recipes and production guidelines while adhering to food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures.
1. Cooks and prepares a variety of food according to production guidelines and standardized recipes.
2. Sets up work station with all needed ingredients and equipment.
3. Prepares ingredients by measuring, weighing, mixing, chopping, trimming, and peeling food items.
4. Safely utilizes a variety of utensils including knives.
5. Operates equipment such as ovens, stoves, slicers, mixers, etc.
6. Bakes, roasts, broils, steams, and uses a variety of cooking methods on meat, vegetables, and other foods.
7. Arranges, garnishes, and portions food according to established guidelines.
8. Properly stores food by adhering to food safety policies and procedures.
9. Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment, and utensils.
10. Maintains excellent customer service and positive attitude towards guests and hotel staff.
11. Works closely with the banquets department to assist with upcoming functions and events.
12. Performs duties of all subordinate positions in food and beverage department as required.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
13. Attends and participates in departmental meetings for kitchen staff.
14. Attends orientation, fire safety training, and other training and development sessions assigned by management.
15. Attends classes and seminars to improve skills and knowledge as required.
16. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
• Food and beverage products, preparation and handling techniques.
• Health codes, food sanitation and safety practices.
• Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
• Principles and processes for providing customer service including needs assessment and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Hollander Investments, Inc.
Skills and Ability to:
• Acknowledges, understands and abides by company programs, policies, procedures, and brand standards.
• Work independently and manage one’s time to meet productivity requirements
• Meet quality standards for service and maintains a neat and clean work station at all times.
• Communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing in the English language to convey information effectively.
• Maintain calm demeanor under pressure and during to constantly changing situations.
• Wear appropriate uniform and name badge and maintain personal cleanliness as prescribed by Company policy.
• Establish and maintain effective professional, courteous, constructive relationships with guests, staff and management team.
Education and Experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Two years progressively responsible culinary experience; previous hotel background and supervisory experience preferred.
• Valid Food Handlers Permit
WORKING CONDITIONS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Work is generally performed in an indoor setting with occasional computer use. Employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Position requires a varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and weekends.
Medium Work: Must be able to stand, walk, reach, push, pull, bend, grasp, crouch, carry and lift as required by the job. Frequently exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Position requires ability to exert well-paced mobility to move around kitchen area on a continuous basis and to maintain a standing position for long periods of time throughout shift. Visual acuity to analyze written information and view computer terminal. Ability to express or exchange information by means of the spoken word. Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual and fine motor skills.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.